The Calgary and District Beekeeping Association has engaged the Co-operators to offer optional “limited liability beekeepers insurance” that our members can purchase.
For those that purchase the insurance with their membership prior to December 26, coverage is from January 1 to December 31.
For those that purchase the insurance with their membership between December 27 and April 26, coverage is from May 1 to Dec 31. The cost is not prorated.
For those that have purchased a club membership and later want to add on the insurance option, they can purchase the insurance add-on for $95. Payment cutoffs and coverage dates are the same as above. Note: if you purchase this add-on without a club membership you will NOT have insurance coverage.
Applications for this insurance program for the current year are made by signing up for the membership option that includes insurance, or by adding the insurance add-on if you already have a current membership.
Beekeepers Coverage — Quick Reference Guide
Note: The insurance coverage is valid only if you are a current member of the CDBA AND you have your current hive registration with the province.
Are you covered for trade shows?
- If the trade show relates to the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers operations and if the client is negligent, the policy will provide coverage under Liability Coverage A Property Damage, subject to Claims to determine at that point
Are bee stings covered?
- If relates to the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers operation and client is deemed negligent, the policy will potentially provide coverage under Coverage A Bodily Injury, subject to Claims to determine at that point
Are Products Complete Covered?
- If related to raw honey only then the policy will potential provide coverage, under Coverage A Product Liability, subject to Claims review to determine
Is Manufacturing into lip balm, lotions etc. covered?
- No, this is not covered under the Edmonton or Calgary District Beekeepers policy. If this is required, a separate policy can be provided
Summary of Coverages
Bodily Injury And Property Damage Liability
- Each Occurrence Limit $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $2,000,000
- Each Occurrence Deductible – Property Damage $1,000